Breast reduction surgery can help relieve the physical discomforts associated with large breasts and reduce that unwanted weight off your chest to transform your body and restore your healthier body image.
Board-certified Dr. Robyn Daugherty is a Baton Rouge, LA breast reduction specialist who can help you understand how breast reduction can transform your body and life.
What Is a Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction, or reduction mammaplasty, aims to remove fat, glandular tissue, and excess skin, creating smaller, more proportionately sized breasts. With natural-looking results, breast reduction can reduce neck, shoulder, and back pain and can:
- Increase energy and stamina
- Reduce irritation and chafing under bra straps
- Boost self-confidence and renewed self-image
- Improve breast profile
- Enhance appearance in clothing
Breast Reduction Transformation
- Patients with large breasts may experience physical pain and discomfort due to the size or weight of their breasts. Many women with large breasts tend to have a slouched or hunched appearance due to the weight pulling the chest down, straining the back and neck. Successful breast reduction surgery can alleviate chronic pain associated with large breasts in the upper back, neck, and shoulders and improve posture.
- Often, patients experience limited physical activity due to the size or weight of their breasts. With more proportionate breasts following a reduction, you will no longer be restricted by your breasts, leading to new activity choices that may further improve your figure, health, well-being, and overall quality of life.
- In fact, many women find it easier to lose weight following breast reduction surgery—it’s common for many women to lose 10 to 20 pounds after surgery. Without the heavy burden of their breasts, women are more physically able to exercise to maintain their weight.
- Emotional and mental issues associated with large breasts can often cause negative self-image and low self-confidence. For women who are self-conscious or suffer harassment due to the size of their breasts, a reduction can greatly improve their quality of life.
- With smaller, more complementary breasts, it’s easier to find clothing that flatters the entire figure and improves body confidence. Bra shopping and bathing suit shopping can be fun once again when you don’t have to worry about concealing or supporting large breasts.
- Overall, breast reduction can help reduce the appearance of the upper body for a slimmer, more attractive, more proportionate figure.
Am I a Candidate for Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction candidates include patients who are looking to reduce the size of their breasts due to physical pain or discomfort or mental or emotional anguish associated with large breasts.
Baton Rouge, LA breast reduction candidates should:
- Live a healthy lifestyle
- Be finished with childbearing and breastfeeding
- Be non-smokers or willing to quit prior to surgery
- Have realistic expectations
- Understand the risks of surgery
Dr. Robyn Daugherty—Your Baton Rouge Breast Reduction Expert
Discover the relief and transformation you’ll get with long-lasting breast reduction results you get from board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Robyn Daugherty, one of the best breast reduction surgeons in Baton Rouge. Get ready to partner with one of the best breast reduction surgeons by contacting Daugherty Plastic Surgery at (225) 235-3884 or complete our online form to schedule your consultation today!